Brussels Airport Company – Warm Wishes Privacy Statement
Brussels Airport Company NV (hereinafter: ‘Brussels Airport’) highly values your privacy and aims to protect your personal data in accordance with any applicable laws regarding the protection of the Belgian Act of 30 July 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and (iii) the general Brussels Airport's Privacy Statement.
As part of the ‘Warm Wishes’ campaign, Brussels Airport processes certain personal data. The types of personal data being processed and the conditions under which such personal data are being processed, are further clarified in this Privacy Statement.
2. Processing personal data
2.1. Use of the ‘Warm Wishes’ website
The ‘Warm Wishes’ website is freely accessible by scanning QR-codes near festive airport decors on the premises of the Airport. On the website you can upload a picture and add a festive frame to the picture. After uploading, the picture will be sent to the personal e-mail address that you provide on the website.
Additionally, you can share the picture on your social media accounts. If you choose to upload your picture to social media, the respective privacy statements of the social media platforms apply, including their cookie policies over which we have no control.
If you visit the ‘Warm Wishes’ website and do not upload a picture, Brussels Airport only processes a limited amount of personal data, such as the IP address. No cookies are placed on your device while using the ‘Warm Wishes’ website.
a) Types of personal data and purposes
- Electronic identifiers: i.e. the IP address of your electronic device or data that tells us how you use the ‘Warm Wishes’ website (e.g. type of browser and pages visited). This information is collected through automatic technologies and is strictly processed to establish the connection with the website.
- Uploaded pictures: the picture(s) that you choose to upload on the website are processed to enable the application of a festive frame and to share this warm wish with your friends and family through e-mail and/or social media.
- E-mail address: to be able to send you the uploaded picture(s), you have to provide an e-mail address on the ‘Warm Wishes’ website.
b) Data retention
Any personal data processed via the ‘warm wishes’ website is immediately deleted after the user has sent his/her picture to a personal e-mail address.
3. Sharing personal data in the context of ‘Warm Wishes’
3.1. Personal data shared with 3rd Party Service Providers
In order to provide the ‘Warm Wishes’ website, Brussels Airport makes use of services offered by a third-party provider. We provide your personal Data to this third-party service provider only within the context of the ‘Warm Wishes’ website use.
Our service providers are bound to treat your personal data in accordance with our instructions and the provisions of this Privacy Statement. We cannot, however, be held liable for any damage, direct or indirect, that may result from the misuse of your personal data by such service providers.
Nothing contained herein limits or prevents Brussels Airport from disclosing your personal data to the competent authorities further to the request of such competent authorities.
4. Your personal data rights
In accordance with the applicable data protection legislation and if applicable, you have the following rights with regards to (the processing of) your personal data:
- Right of access to your personal data;
- Right to correct your (inaccurate) personal data;
- Right to delete your personal data;
- Right to restrict data processing;
- Right to object to data processing;
- Right to transfer data;
- Right not to be subject to automated individual decision-making, including profiling;
- Right to file a complaint with the Supervisory Authority (Gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit).
The specific rights that you have, including the manner in which you can exercise these rights, are further specified in the Brussels Airport's Privacy Statement. For specific information on the processing of your personal data, you can also contact our Data Protection Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the DPO – Brussels National Airport, 1930 Zaventem.